Thursday, June 9, 2011

OI OI OI!

Oi, America! There are so many fun things going on; I don't even know where to begin. I am currently sitting in one of Escola SESC's music rooms having an advisor meeting with Raisa, my host, and the music teacher. I don't have much time before our snack break, but everything here is going extremely well. The students and faculty are so friendly and have made us feel extremely welcome. After arriving yesterday afternoon, we were greeted by a group of students and were shown to our rooms. All of the Community School students are split up with different Brazilian hosts on different floors of different buildings, and the Riverstone students, who just arrived today, will be split up as well. We have been going to classes all day and enjoying breakfast, snacks, and lunch with the students. It seems like every new person we see greets us with a smile and a "Hello! What is your name? We so happy to have you here!" It is snack time soon, so I don't have much time, but the main point I would like to get across is how happy we are here. The students and faculty are some of the nicest people we have ever met, and we are so excited to be around such genuinely kind people. We all feel so welcomed and embraced here at the school. SNACK TIME!

Sophia

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that you're all so cute and funny, that things couldn't be different. You deserve all receptivity and attention. And I repeat: this comunity is veeeeery grateful and radiant for your coming!

    ReplyDelete