Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dance!

Hey everyone! I know that Eric talked about yesterday, the beach, the graffiti, and the dancing but I just wanted to talk about my evening. Last night, Isobel, Camille, and I went to a capoeira class. Capoeira, as Melina explained to me, is a "dance fight". It is hard to explain but there are certain moves that you make to "hit"/"attack" someone else and moves that you make to defend yourself. We ended the capoeira class with a calming session. The leader of the class played music and sang, and we all relaxed. It was fun!
When we walked over to the restaurant, many people were setting up for open mic night. We all got ready and then went to listen. People sang, played the guitar, and danced. They set up a screen and projected a Wii dance game onto it. Everyone clustered and followed the moves of the Wii character in front of us. It was so much fun! Then, Camille, Morgan, Isobel, Sophia, a girl from Riverstone, and I got up on stage and sang "Friday". It was kind of embarrassing but we had so much fun! Everyone enjoyed it, and it made us all laugh!
It is about 1:30 here and everyone is at lunch. We just got back from a hike to Pedra Bonita (beautiful rock). The hike was a good workout, and when we got to the top we had a spectacular view of Rio. It was beautiful! This afternoon (around 4) we are going to the soccer game. It should be fun! Tchau!

Sophia and I after painting graffiti on the wall.
 Judas graffitiing
 The completed wall
 Escola SESC

I'm sorry. My camera isn't loading my pictures correctly from the hike today so these are all that I could upload. I'm sure that someone else will post more pictures.


 Graffiti
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment