Saturday, June 25, 2011

Obrigada!

I will never forget my two weeks in Brazil or the last day at school with everyone.  I have already played these memories over again and again in my head. On that last day I went around and around giving hugs, saying goodbye, and promising to keep in touch with my new friends. It was amazing to look around at the group of people surrounding us and think through all of the great times that I had with each one of them. They are a fantastic group of students, and I feel so privileged to have been able to spend two great weeks with them! 
It was so hard to say goodbye, but we finally did and got in the bus. From the bus, we pulled up the window and said more goodbyes through it while holding some of the students' hands. I will never forget pulling away from the school and seeing students crowded, waving to us. I took one last look at the crowd and each person's face. I have replayed this several times in my head since I have been home. It was so sad, but just looking back on all of the good times that we had together, it was so special. When we got to the entrance of the school, we saw students running through the building to the other side so that they could wave to us yet again. I think that most of us had tears streaming down our faces until we got to the airport (the United States for some of us). For me, goodbyes are always hard, but these goodbyes were especially hard because I had built good relationships with each of the people that I looked around and saw. 

I just wanted to take the time to thank all the SESC students and staff. You all are incredible! You were so hospitable and welcoming to all of us! You all had such a big impact on me (and I think the other Community School students would agree), and I will never forget you and our experiences. Thank you for all of the memories, experiences, and friendships that each one of us got out of this trip. You are the best! 

p.s. Enjoy the rest of your stay, Eric! I'm so jealous!

Saudades, Brasil!

~Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment