Saturday, June 11, 2011

Is dancing fun?

NO.  It's not as fun as it sounds (that part that most people call 'dancing').  Other than that, it's a lot of fun.  But more on that later.  Today we went to the beach and swam and ate coconuts and saw a snake and lots of other fun stuff.  The waves were huge and even huger than huge (is that possible??  I think not).  We got back and did GRAFFITI.  Only it wasn't bad graffiti.  It was good graffiti.  There is a different word for good and bad graffiti in portuguese but I don't remember what they are. I'm having enough trouble remembering the names of everyone.  So many people come up and introduce themselves to me that I can't remember who's who.  I'm getting them straight though (maybe).  But anyways, the graffiti was awesome and someone (maybe me) will post pictures of what it looked like.  I have my camera but I am here lying in bed and don't want to get up and upload the pictures of it.  But it was awesome.  Someone drew a dinosaur and named it Lollipop (at least that was what was written next to it).

We then returned to school and had a snack and everyone dispersed and did their separate things as there weren't any planned activities for the day.  I chatted with people (in portuguese, of course!!).  It was quite fun and I learned lots of fun things.  Did you guys know that I don't have cabelo ondulado? Neither did I!! People here are very amazed that I can speak portuguese.  Every time I meet someone new someone else tells them that I can speak portuguese and they are super amazed (and then they start speaking as fast as they can, assuming that I am the "superman of understand portuguese").  I'm not.  Then we had dinner.  The food here is soooooooo good.  I could eat for hours and hours if I didn't get full (what a shame).  There are so many delicious fruits that I have eaten nothing but fruit for breakfast since I got here.  It's been so amazingly marvelicious (marvelous and delicious, my favorite made-up word for describing food).

Then the dancing.  It actually wasn't really dancing.  It was more of an open-mic night.  Anyone could get up and sing or do something (it was all singing).  Meredith, Isobel, Camille, Sophia, and Morgan and Katherine (a girl from Riverstone) got up and sang Friday (Rebecca Black, horrible song).  They tried to convince me to got up with them but I sat down so hard (inside joke) that they gave up.  I then got it all on video (Meredith couldn't say all that she would do to me if that got out).  But then the night was full of people trying to convince me to dance like they saw in the walking tour of Ketchum that we made (don't worry, I didn't give in to peer-pressure).  But all the same, it was and awesome night.  I actually would write this entire post in portuguese if I didn't think that no one but the Brazilians who were reading it would understand it.  But I must end as I am tired and we are going hiking tomorrow and then going to watch a soccer game.  It will be fun.  Boa noite!!!

ERIC

PS.  Blame all grammar mistakes on someone other than me.  I don't like being blamed.  However, if it is perfect I will take all the credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment